Saturday, May 5, 2007

Introduction

This is my first post on blogger. I am a retired geologist/economist who has been blogging about global warming and CO2 reduction on yahoo 360. About a month ago, I received shipment of an electric bike. I am using this vehicle as a substitute for my car where I can. Last month I saved about $50 in fuel not to mention the CO2's going into the atmosphere.

I am 56 years old, live in Carmel, CA and have three grown children. Ever since hurricane Katrina hit, I have been investigating...what happened? I represent no special interest groups and am not trying to sell you anything (unless you want to come to Monterey and buy a Volvo from me :) ). The main reason for my investigation has nothing to do with money or fame or any of that stuff. It has everything to do with my children's future and my grandchildren's future. Simply put...I don't want to pass on problems created during the 20th century on to future generations.

This country needs to change a few attitudes towards energy consumption. We also need to face our deepest fears. Right now we are set up for a huge topple with hurricane season just around the corner. Not only are we not conserving much energy, about 50 percent of our refining capacity is located in the Gulf Coast. I have my fingers crossed we won't have another huge hurricane season, but if we do...high energy prices and shortages are likely.

I invite anybody reading my introduction to visit my yahoo 360 blog for an update on what we can do to mitigate problems associated with energy cost spikes. I'm driving an electric bike to conserve energy, fuel costs, and CO2's. Also I believe we should keep an open mind to nuclear energy. A recycling method using nuclear waste as fuel source was presented to me by another geologist. This process could be used to produce electricity to produce hydrogen, helping lead us away fossil fuels and the problems associated with fossil fuels. Nuclear weapons could even be recycled into energy, thus eliminating nuclear weapons while helping solve our current energy problems for future generations.

Thanks for taking your time to read this and I look forward to working with others to help solve problems now, so future generations won't need to.

Cheers,
Stephen Sanders

1 comment:

W S Milligan ( Poet). said...

Hello Steve don't know if you visit your blogger site or remember me, but I was one of your online friends ZENMAN, from yahoo 360's days 2007, one of your British Buddhist friends (Bikerdelic). Well I am back after a few good years away meditating and living. I saw this site and thought I'd leave this message.
I hope you and your family are keeping well and that life treating you well. If your still about you can find me by typing "The poetry of William Shaun Milligan" in Google, should come up with my Blogger site.
Would be nice to hear from you to know you are well, Namaste.